who, whom, whose, wich, that
1. The man who is sitting in front is Mr Sholeh. - Who: replace the subject The man.
2. The man whom Mrs Lina was waiting for is Mr Sholeh.
3. The man whose jacket is denim is Mr Sholeh. Whose= the owner - The man who has a denim jacket is Mr Sholeh
4. The book that/wich I borrowed from you is very interesting.
5. The car by wich I drove here is your.
It Versus There
· There are some students in my room. - showing existence
· It is so interesting to watch movies on weekend.
· There are many doorprises in my shop, please come to my shop.
· It is very cold here.
Another (not specific) Versus The other (specific)
Example: Another a cup of coffee it’s okay.
Others (not specific) Versus The others (specific); (plural)
· Some people enjoy reading while others (- refers to other people) watching movie.
· In my class, Ms Kiki will be play piano while the others sing together.
When (time) and Where (place) - in wich, on wich, at wich
· The town where I was born is Purwokerto - The town in wich I was born is Purwokerto.
· The table where I put the laptop is the teacher’s table - the table on wich I put the laptop is the teacher’s table.
Nouns Refering to The Person and Things
Refering to people
Refering to things
Poetry and poems
Employer = the bos
Employee = karyawan
· Edison is the inventor of the light bulb. His invention has benefited the world.
· The discovery of America by Columbus, the Spanish discoverer, gave opportunities to many people to change their lives.
· Theodosious Dozhansky, a American geneticist, was an important contributor in the field of population genetics.
· The participatios of many expert in the field has made the seminar inspiring to the participants.
· Beethoven is a great German musician. Many people love his music.
· Surgeons must know how to operate advanced medical instrument to perform modern surgery.